SDStudio Alpha (WIP) Version 0.0.9 Release

Update notifications and future news will be posted here
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Re: SDStudio Alpha (WIP) Version 0.0.9 Release

Post by Serkan »

Rexzooly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:35 pm Just had a quick test and the settings pages are really bad, they flicker like they on some kind of drug lol

That works well here but it might be different in different computers due to capacity of Display Card
That animations will be optional , so you will be able to enable/disbale them
Rexzooly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:35 pm The UI themes don't seem to offer a nice UI away from the shitty MS crap but that's me been picky.

Ok, we all know that you have MS and modern UI :) , but other people like that flat design

Rexzooly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:35 pm Tool window also seems buggy the close button is a tool window but the top bar is not, not sure if that's a bug with windows 10 or not

That's not related with SDStudio , it is how Windows 10 displays tool window style

Rexzooly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:35 pm The open window is two big PLEASE ditch the metro look,

There will be many things in that welcome screen , pinned projects, reminders ,favourite projects etc..
Yes currently it is empty ,but that screen will contain many things in the near future

Rexzooly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:35 pm When the app is active there is a strange blue box around the button this is only when the window is active.

That's not strange box ,that's focus indicator in Win 10 ,since there is no other controls that might gain focus ,that single button remains always focused

Add another button and then see result

Rexzooly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:35 pm I would like to see a option to move around the work space I don't like been stick in the left top corner I like the freedom to move it about.

There is a broken Zoom feature ,if it will work then your suggestion can also be implemented

Rexzooly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:35 pm The app demo does say open when you close the IDE tho, maybe have it close the app when you close the IDE.

i could not understand what you mean

Rexzooly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:35 pm I love the note system that will be really helpful when you need to remember to do something later.

Fortunately you liked something in this app :D

Rexzooly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:35 pm The scripting window is also two busy it makes me feel like I have opened a hole new app, this is very confusing to anyone that didn't know this kind of app, the scripting window needs simpler icons and view, it should be more like a note pad like window, Also I feel we should be able to code editing in the main UI so a new tab with the scripting page on it also if we pick to without the need a new window.

Scripting in a centralised editor is very useful , this might be looking different to you at first ,you will see its usefulness when you start using it
Consider you need to replace a text in different event scripts of the project , but you also have to check (see with eyes ) each instance of text one by one and replace then ,i little report view might show you where searched text appears , and when you double click , you will be navigated to there ,
There are many cool features in the ToDo list

in addition to these , a quick script editor has already been thought , but its functionality is not defined yet ,
this can be as a overlay window launched via clicking to a small icon on the top-right corner of an object

or as a dockable pane , or enything else , we can decide that after get some user feedback

so for small things quick editor can be used ,and for advanced things full editor can be used
That full editor opens as a new pop-up window can also be a different view in the main window ,
Everthing is possible
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

I have locked this topic

Please
post your bug reports to here : viewforum.php?f=21
post your suggestions to here : viewforum.php?f=20

Because another person is monitoring and taking notes of your messages in these forum sections
If you do not want your message being missed ,please post your messages to these locations
This would be a good reference source for future suggestions and bug reports.