[SUGGESTIONS] Action Editor

Suggestions and bug reports forum for Ams Plugin Maker
kjh

[SUGGESTIONS] Action Editor

Post by kjh »

Hi Serkan
I have a few suggestions reg. the action editor.

Enumerations
It would be a nice feature if it was possible to export/import enumerations to/from an CSV-file, - it would make it possible to reuse enumerations in an easy way.

I miss the enumeration value field in the editor and in the html-output

General
The input fields in the action editor could be larger, espec. the description input is very small, maybe a possibility to resize/enlarge the editor window/fields could be the solution

Argument editor
I would prefer that the Lua Type and Editor Type fields were shown before the Default Value and Custom Data fields, espec. when the Default Value is reset changing the Lua Type, meaning you can't tab logical through the input fields.

Appendix pages
A possibility to add appendix/general information pages with the same layout as the Action Notes to the help-file would be great, it would give the possibility to list error codes, create lists where actions are shown/linked in function groups, and more

In my current project I use some standard HTML code like href, <b>,<br> in the action text's, it would be useful to know which html elements can be used without missing up the output.

As mentioned in another thread it would be nice to have the possibility to copy, move and sort Actions before the Help file is generated.

Have a nice day
Kjeld
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

Hi Kjeld

kjh wrote: Enumerations
It would be a nice feature if it was possible to export/import enumerations to/from an CSV-file, - it would make it possible to reuse enumerations in an easy way.

I miss the enumeration value field in the editor and in the html-output
i was thinking to add a node to intellisense tree and enumerations could be added there as enum sets and when you add an argument
you could assign an enumeration to that argument ,so you could use an enumeration set more than once ,
a combobox would list previously added enum sets on argument wizard

but i assumed that it might be complex for the users ,and pre-beta testers suggested it to do in current shape

but i thing this idea was the best , should i implement first idea ?
so you can add enum sets in intellisense tree and use them as much as you want

Note : this will affect previously created projects ,

enum value field was not missed , it is not added for a reason but, i am sure i am going to add it
kjh wrote: General
The input fields in the action editor could be larger, espec. the description input is very small, maybe a possibility to resize/enlarge the editor window/fields could be the solution
i will change it
kjh wrote: Argument editor
I would prefer that the Lua Type and Editor Type fields were shown before the Default Value and Custom Data fields, espec. when the Default Value is reset changing the Lua Type, meaning you can't tab logical through the input fields.
i am going to change order of fields as you suggested , but in next update default value field will not reset

kjh wrote: Appendix pages
A possibility to add appendix/general information pages with the same layout as the Action Notes to the help-file would be great, it would give the possibility to list error codes, create lists where actions are shown/linked in function groups, and more
do you want to add new topics/pages to help file ,can you elaborate

i can add error codes section to action topic , so you can define error codes in action specific page
i can add an auto generated list of actions page , for example a table with two columns , left column will contain action names and if you click to an action name you will go to the topic of that action

and in right column i can add action description
kjh wrote: In my current project I use some standard HTML code like href, <b>,<br> in the action text's, it would be useful to know which html elements can be used without missing up the output.
maybe i can implement a bbcode like formatting , so used tags will be removed from actions XML but will be processed on help file generation
kjh wrote: As mentioned in another thread it would be nice to have the possibility to copy, move and sort Actions before the Help file is generated.
i already added sort functionality to actions , i added duplicate option to actions (will add other sections as well) , so if you click to duplicate then edit action dialog will appear like you will edit selected action but when you press to ok that action will be added as a new action
so with this way you can easily add similar actions ,

basically new action dialog will be pre-filled with selected action's content and then you can add it after you made desired changes
kjh

Post by kjh »

Hej Serkan
It seems you have already handled most of my suggestions :)

Reg. Enumerations . - my idea with the import/export to an CSV file would give the possibility to reuse general enumerations in different projects, and it would be possible to write a little tool where you could set up the declarations (with the value) - copy the code into APM and generate the enumeration csv-file in one step , but the important point is not how it's done - just reusing is a possibility, it's a pain adding the same stuff over and over again.

Reg. appendix pages.
My suggestion was based on my current project with 800+ actions, that can be grouped in functions groups, lets say image handling, text handling and so on - what I wanted was the possibility to create appendix pages/paragraphs with a header for the group and links to the relevant functions, it would require a manual setup by the developer.
Your suggestion with the auto generated 2 column page will be a sort of quick-reference, and it will fulfill the needs in the majority of projects, - so don't give this any priority.

I will look forward to see what the next release brings. thank you so far and have a nice day
Kjeld