[Suggestion] Include Script

Suggestions and bug reports forum for Ams Plugin Maker
RizlaUK

[Suggestion] Include Script

Post by RizlaUK »

Being able to include scripts would be good, and have them compiled into the plugin file, and/or maybe to add script panes in the IDE, large plugins will start to get a bit of a struggle when working with only 2 script panes it would be very useful to break up the code and maybe set the loading order preference for any user scripts so we can be sure the scripts load in the right order
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

That's a good idea
i have already implemented a similar thing in another project in the past
i could make it like below

an action will load and excute a script ecryted and embeded with the plugin , for example

Code: Select all

__Plugin.ExecScript('scriptname');
so users can load scripts in the order they want , or by conditions

Code: Select all

if (x==y) then
__Plugin.ExecScript('script-a');
else
__Plugin.ExecScript('script-b');
end
what would be best way to edit scripts ,additional tabs to the plugin script editor tabs ?
or adding a button to project menu (ribbon) that opens a dialog to add/edit/delete scripts ?
abood1987

Post by abood1987 »

adding a button to project menu (ribbon) that opens a dialog to add/edit/delete scripts

that is good
BadKaiPanda

Post by BadKaiPanda »

Serkan wrote: what would be best way to edit scripts ,additional tabs to the plugin script editor tabs ?
or adding a button to project menu (ribbon) that opens a dialog to add/edit/delete scripts ?
I would say offer the user both means to do it, so they can add tabs or another window and make it so it runs in its own thread when its a dialog so you can pop back from one and another
BunnyHop CDD Obscurer Post | Home Page