Structure Example / Subclass question

General discussion forum for Ams Plugin Maker
Shrek

Structure Example / Subclass question

Post by Shrek »

I take it as an ID can be provided for the subclass then they are dynamic and won't interfere with other subclasses on a window?

I can't find a structure example so could anyone show me this as an AMSPM structure:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx

It's got switching and non defined types so if I can see that working I can do any structure :lol:

Finally the new version of AMSPM seems to be locked to a particular PC so that means in order to test a plugin with others then you have to give out the source, could a trial splash screen not be implemented instead to get around this?
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

Shrek wrote:I take it as an ID can be provided for the subclass then they are dynamic and won't interfere with other subclasses on a window?
the ID used to remove subclass , so if you have two or more subclasses for a window then they are separated by this ID
Shrek wrote: I can't find a structure example so could anyone show me this as an AMSPM structure:
there is a RECT structure example in this sample project
Shrek wrote:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx

It's got switching and non defined types so if I can see that working I can do any structure :lol:
all struct members should be included until UINT state; you should check OS version and if it is Vista and above then
you should also include UINT state;

following statement means , if OS version is 6 (Vista) or above

Code: Select all

#if (_WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0600)
  UINT    state;
#endif 
Shrek wrote: Finally the new version of AMSPM seems to be locked to a particular PC so that means in order to test a plugin with others then you have to give out the source, could a trial splash screen not be implemented instead to get around this?
there was messageboxes that was appearing on trial buils , assumed that removing them would be good
but , in this case ,this might be a limitation ,i will try find another method ,for trial buils
Shrek

Post by Shrek »

thank you :)
Shrek

Post by Shrek »

Code: Select all

#if (_WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0600)
  UINT    state;
#endif 
what other constraints are already defined?
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

The values of these constans are windows versions

0x0500 : Windows 2000
0x0501 : Windows XP
0x0502 : Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP with SP2/SP3
0x0600 : Windows Vista
0x0601 : Windows 7
0x0602 : Windows 8