questions for reteset

The discussion area for general programming languages C/C++ Delphi Lua and others
naxo

Re: questions for reteset

Post by naxo »

i am not alone 8-) , there are others , and there are many silent supporters just like you
but biggest thanks always goes to Dermot
this project began as an idea between Dermot and me.
and it is evolved in many ways for years ( as a secret project ) and now it reached to perfect level
although , people say desktop environment is dead , this project will be completed

Dermot? Wow one of the great programmers used to be in ams I thought he was gone but is not true hahaha thats good news, only remain worm, intrigued, eagle and some more to get the "all stars programming" lol. You have a lot of experience to get the best from lua and ams to create more friendly app for desktop. Maybe you could try the another pattform like android to get a full market niche for you :twisted:

2- there will be a standard RTF object ,but there are loads of alternatives to RTF , especially there is a well known standalone HTML parser/drawer (it is only a single dll) this can be used in SDStudio applications using DLL class

I cant imagine how it would be when finished product come to reallife, but viewing from you its a very good thing

3- xamllistbox is a special plugin that uses a third party library ,but most of the plugins can easily be implemented with build-in features
for example listboxex , imagescroller etc.. , there will not be a plugin system because plugins will not be necessary (at least for now)

Maybe to avoid duplicate two listbox styles ( listboex and xaml ) why not to try to merge in one ? Its only a idea dunno Im not an programmer expert.

4- SDStudio apps will use GDI+ for common drawings and image management , GDI+ supports following formats : BMP,GIF,JPG,PNG,TIFF,ICO
for other image formats and advanced image processing, there are cool libraries that can easily be used by SDStudio applications , such as : ImageMagic , CXimage etc..

That include some kind of graphical static effect? I mean Set luminance, bright, colour tints etc...upon the image with hover when mouse is activated or so

as for the video formats: there will be a media player object (initially) this will use windows media player activex , and it will support all media formats
that windows media player can play ,basically it will play everthing as long as its codec was installed
for future there will be a directx media player that will provide similar functionality of windows media player but will be more customizable
again this will play everthing as long as its codec was installed
in additon ,for example you can host a portable VLC Player activex object with buil-in OLE host control , it is pretty easy

What about the player controls ( sliders, customized buttons etc...I know its very hard to achieve when is it talking about those bass volume effects when playing music wiil this be possible? Anyway I think your eefort is enought to know here it will be a better software with many posibilities lol I preview a massive desertion of user from *** if you get good accceptance for your software. Good luck!
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

naxo

XAML is a part of a commercial library , it is really a good feature for this project but it might not be used in this project , but if i can find a way to include it without violating its licence then i can happily include it to this project

for the ListBoxEx , it can easily be created in SDStudio , believe me ;)
but there will be a extended listbox object other than common controls' listbox object ,plus there will be a listview object (multi column)
in addtion to these GridEx will be available as an extended control
like i said before there will not be a plugin system , because SDStudio allows users to create their own custom controls within their projects
so when you will need a custom control or something like that , you will not go to find a plugin or extension for that , you will create it yourself

GDI+ allows you to make some image effects using the color marix array ,do not expect magical things but it provides common image management facilities

for the effects and other graphical suff , you can use opengl (if you are familiar) for example for visualization effects etc.
of you build-in graphich class to do many things , basically ,you can make everthing that can be made with GDI+

in addition IDE will peovide some drawing shapes , lines,gradients,frames etc..
naxo

Post by naxo »

Serkan wrote:naxo

XAML is a part of a commercial library , it is really a good feature for this project but it might not be used in this project , but if i can find a way to include it without violating its licence then i can happily include it to this project

for the ListBoxEx , it can easily be created in SDStudio , believe me ;)
but there will be a extended listbox object other than common controls' listbox object ,plus there will be a listview object (multi column)
in addtion to these GridEx will be available as an extended control
like i said before there will not be a plugin system , because SDStudio allows users to create their own custom controls within their projects
so when you will need a custom control or something like that , you will not go to find a plugin or extension for that , you will create it yourself

GDI+ allows you to make some image effects using the color marix array ,do not expect magical things but it provides common image management facilities

for the effects and other graphical suff , you can use opengl (if you are familiar) for example for visualization effects etc.
of you build-in graphich class to do many things , basically ,you can make everthing that can be made with GDI+

in addition IDE will peovide some drawing shapes , lines,gradients,frames etc..
Okay thanks for the info, its enought stuff to work for. Looking forward their future release for next months.

Thanks again
madolak

Post by madolak »

Compliment to reteset and serkan and sdstudio...