questions for reteset

The discussion area for general programming languages C/C++ Delphi Lua and others
naxo

questions for reteset

Post by naxo »

Hi reteset:
Im a new user here some time ago, I saw you quited from *** forum to not back anymore, and I am disappointed how that people treated badly you. I was thinking to abandon AMS to search another RAD software or some good alternative to AMS with the help documentacion scripting and visual enhancement controls ( listbox, combobox, transitions, slides etc...). I dont know if you are the correct person to ask for with your high aknowledgement in programming. What software would you recommend to use? Keep in mind Im slow learning programming I would prefer ( if possible lol ) something like AMS or so...

What do you think about Visual Studio? The main withdraw its their not so accesible online help documentation available Do you know some good books in this programming language to learn at all level ( noob to pro levels) ?.

PD: I saw in your facebook frontage you are creating a new soft or so: SDStudio? Can you explain If is possible what do the software? Is like AMS or so...?

Thanks for your great contribution in ams, now dead thankfully to that people's prepotence....what a pity...
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

Hi

Welcome to the forum :)

first of all , let me explain something before continue , 'reteset' was a user name at a forum that i do not want to talk about anymore
so , that username is Died now ,and everthing made with that username is Died as well ,
Now there is Reteset Software and the person you know as reteset is now Serkan
naxo wrote:
What do you think about Visual Studio? The main withdraw its their not so accesible online help documentation available Do you know some good books in this programming language to learn at all level ( noob to pro levels) ?.
Visual Studio is an IDE, not a language , it contains compilers for several languages , such as C / C++ / C# / J# / VB.NET / ASP.NET and some others
as you can see it is an IDE of many programming languages and different platforms , web ,mobile ,desktop

i think it is not a right tool for someone like you :) ,at least it requires some time to learn a programming language and use IDE
but who knows , sometimes it takes shorter than expected ,

naxo wrote: PD: I saw in your facebook frontage you are creating a new soft or so: SDStudio? Can you explain If is possible what do the software? Is like AMS or so...?
Yes it is a RAD tool , it makes desktop applications using Lua , i am going to open a new section in this forum and write a description about it a detailed list of features that will provide and main web site will comeback after a long time :D , but some images needs to be completed first , graphic designer waits for my decision on the logo , app icon
i think that i am going to tell my decision to him this weekend,and he will complete the required icons and banners

some key features of it :
  • can build Unicode and ANSI applications , no need to deal with code pages etc.. anymore wow :D
  • multilingual IDE , %95 of the IDE can be translated to a language other than English , such as Spanish ,German , Russian etc. IDE is a Unicode application ,so there is no limit on the language translation
  • control in control design , allows you to create your own hybrid controls
  • generic frame window , for making custom controls
  • some common OLE controls like , web browser,flash ,pdf etc - and an OLE host control for the rest (just like ActiveX plugin)
  • buil-in COM support
  • database support , FireBird, SQLite3 , MySQL (maybe with ODBC) , MongoDB (no sql) and ODBC for the rest
  • form based UI design (there is no pages) , so a form (named as Window in the IDE) can be a modal dialog , a modeless dialog , child of a control (page of a tab control for example) , child of another window etc. each windows has its own execution stack and each window can be styled/designed individually
i think this might be the tool that you was looking for

Thanks
naxo

Post by naxo »

Serkan wrote:Hi

Welcome to the forum :)

first of all , let me explain something before continue , 'reteset' was a user name at a forum that i do not want to talk about anymore
so , that username is Died now ,and everthing made with that username is Died as well ,
Now there is Reteset Software and the person you know as reteset is now Serkan
Ok haha I will talk you as serkan not problem :)
Serkan wrote: Yes it is a RAD tool , it makes desktop applications using Lua , i am going to open a new section in this forum and write a description about it a detailed list of features that will provide and main web site will comeback after a long time :D , but some images needs to be completed first , graphic designer waits for my decision on the logo , app icon
i think that i am going to tell my decision to him this weekend,and he will complete the required icons and banners
Great! I imagine you are alone building from scratch a full software similar like ams, I would pay you if you achieve that great alternative to that old software. Im sure a lot of people would like a lot a more "wider" software ( freedom to the capped creativity to create sexy and attractive Rad tools that make what ams did used to do, like albums, musics list, player videos, slideshows, graphical installers etc...). I will stay tuned lol

Serkan wrote: some key features of it :
  • can build Unicode and ANSI applications , no need to deal with code pages etc.. anymore wow :D
  • multilingual IDE , %95 of the IDE can be translated to a language other than English , such as Spanish ,German , Russian etc. IDE is a Unicode application ,so there is no limit on the language translation
  • control in control design , allows you to create your own hybrid controls
  • generic frame window , for making custom controls
  • some common OLE controls like , web browser,flash ,pdf etc - and an OLE host control for the rest (just like ActiveX plugin)
  • buil-in COM support
  • database support , FireBird, SQLite3 , MySQL (maybe with ODBC) , MongoDB (no sql) and ODBC for the rest
  • form based UI design (there is no pages) , so a form (named as Window in the IDE) can be a modal dialog , a modeless dialog , child of a control (page of a tab control for example) , child of another window etc. each windows has its own execution stack and each window can be styled/designed individually
i think this might be the tool that you was looking for

Thanks
For that list you gave me it makes more interested in your software. A question what limitations in programming are you getting right now when is related to:

1- Security, I know there is not software fully protected to piracy nor preventing to copy your codes, it will be some way to prevent the code copying?
2- Behaviour rtf files, do you have some plan in the future ( via updates or so i know its very hard to doing this sort of software and mainly when you area alone...) some special feature for rtf files like an internal avanced options for rtf files ( loading rft file with justified writing mode for example )?
3- Its a pity all your hard work it gone due to hostile attitude from that people, I would love see again ( not in the same way what ams did include as "plugin" class, maybe with patches when soft is released logically ...) Listboex, xaml...all of your best plugin you made in the past but included in your software.
4- What format files will be supported in images and videos ( mp4)?

When you have just listed the full features for this great project I get a more deeper idea lol. If so, Ams is past definitively! I checked the box notification for next months about the progress of your work. Thanks for your effort dude many thanks! I was a bit depressed searching a good alternative to ams because I am harderly triyng to not refuse all my work ( compilation of stuff communities games for free etc...), many time I had spent to nothing .I regret to having purchase that soft too old and the prepotence makes me put the "game over" for that people.

New live, new software enjoy!
Shrek

Post by Shrek »

So what version of Lua will it use or is there going to be a choice? and what would a typical output exe come in at size wise?
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

naxo wrote:
Great! I imagine you are alone building from scratch a full software similar like ams, I would pay you if you achieve that great alternative to that old software. Im sure a lot of people would like a lot a more "wider" software ( freedom to the capped creativity to create sexy and attractive Rad tools that make what ams did used to do, like albums, musics list, player videos, slideshows, graphical installers etc...). I will stay tuned lol
i am not alone 8-) , there are others , and there are many silent supporters just like you
but biggest thanks always goes to Dermot
this project began as an idea between Dermot and me.
and it is evolved in many ways for years ( as a secret project ) and now it reached to perfect level
although , people say desktop environment is dead , this project will be completed

naxo wrote: For that list you gave me it makes more interested in your software. A question what limitations in programming are you getting right now when is related to:

1- Security, I know there is not software fully protected to piracy nor preventing to copy your codes, it will be some way to prevent the code copying?
2- Behaviour rtf files, do you have some plan in the future ( via updates or so i know its very hard to doing this sort of software and mainly when you area alone...) some special feature for rtf files like an internal avanced options for rtf files ( loading rft file with justified writing mode for example )?
3- Its a pity all your hard work it gone due to hostile attitude from that people, I would love see again ( not in the same way what ams did include as "plugin" class, maybe with patches when soft is released logically ...) Listboex, xaml...all of your best plugin you made in the past but included in your software.
4- What format files will be supported in images and videos ( mp4)?
1- SDStudio does not use a pre-compiled exe nor patches something, it makes a real compilation on your computer
so , your source code will be encrytpted (partially) ,this means that each script will be encrypted individually and placed in different locations
and then encrypted source will be formatted again , and then will be assembled to an object file ,and then finally will be added to exe (on compilation)
when it comes to execute , it will be decrypted and then executed ,and it will be wiped from memory this will take less than 1 second
only lua stack can be viewed using the memory tools (for example function names) , full source can not be viewed ,like other tools
source extraction ; i am not claiming it is impossible but , but very close to that

2- there will be a standard RTF object ,but there are loads of alternatives to RTF , especially there is a well known standalone HTML parser/drawer (it is only a single dll) this can be used in SDStudio applications using DLL class
3- xamllistbox is a special plugin that uses a third party library ,but most of the plugins can easily be implemented with build-in features
for example listboxex , imagescroller etc.. , there will not be a plugin system because plugins will not be necessary (at least for now)

4- SDStudio apps will use GDI+ for common drawings and image management , GDI+ supports following formats : BMP,GIF,JPG,PNG,TIFF,ICO
for other image formats and advanced image processing, there are cool libraries that can easily be used by SDStudio applications , such as : ImageMagic , CXimage etc..
as for the video formats: there will be a media player object (initially) this will use windows media player activex , and it will support all media formats
that windows media player can play ,basically it will play everthing as long as its codec was installed
for future there will be a directx media player that will provide similar functionality of windows media player but will be more customizable
again this will play everthing as long as its codec was installed
in additon ,for example you can host a portable VLC Player activex object with buil-in OLE host control , it is pretty easy
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

Shrek wrote:So what version of Lua will it use or is there going to be a choice? and what would a typical output exe come in at size wise?
it will begin with Lua 5.2.3 , and there will be a static and dynamic version option
there will be a lua dll along with the exe when you choice dynamic and thre will not be a dll (because it is statically linked with exe) when you choice static

like i said it will start with Lua 5.2.3 but when a newer version of Lua is released
it will be reviewed and

if it does not require a big change on the system then it will be added to available lua versions property on project settings dialog
if it requires a big change on the system then , system will be formatted according to new version and support to old version will be dropped

in general we do not meet big changes on C API so we might have some lua version options on properties dialog

as a side note about usage of Lua

we will not use Lua's buil-in function sets and data types as well due to Unicode limitation of that buil-in functions and objects
there will be an equivalent object class for each lua type expect number and boolean
and we will already have more powered functions than Lua's build-in functions

for example , this is wrong in SDStudio

Code: Select all

local mystring = "Hello ";
mystring = mystring .. "World";
it must be implemented like below

local mystring = String:New("Hello ");
mystring:Append("World");
or like below

local mystring = String:New("Hello ");
String:Append(mystring,"World");
so
in Unicode build mystring contains a userdata with a unicode string
in ANSI build mystring contains a userdata with a ansi string

as application size ;
SDStudio makes a real time compilation on your computer , build-in function/object sets will take some size but they will be less than 2MB (currently estimated ) might be more or less
and final app size depends on the components used , for example a component will not be added to executable if it is not used in project
exe size will grow according to extended (optional) objects/classes you used

basically , only the stuff you used will be in your final application

for example : you used standard button on your project but not used CoolButton
anything related to CoolButton will not be added to your exe , this applies to all extended objects/classes
Shrek

Post by Shrek »

That's good to know, the GOTO feature opens up greater possibilities, any virtualization options for comping?
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

Sorry , there will not be any virtualization option , you should use third party softwares to do it
however , you can for example load an image from a password protected zip archive
or load a text file from a password protected zip archive , or you can also add files to EXE's resource sections and load from there
(SDStudio allows you to add embedded resources)
Shrek

Post by Shrek »

OK, you know that these virtual .exe compilers fail on .exe files that are compressed so an option for compressing or not would be cool, finally the .exe can be renamed?
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

Shrek wrote:OK, you know that these virtual .exe compilers fail on .exe files that are compressed so an option for compressing or not would be cool, finally the .exe can be renamed?
there will not be a compression nor such an option , past experience with UPX on APM was not really good
because most of the AV softwares assume that UPX does something malicious , and blocks execution of it ,and this causing problems on building process

in addition to this ,some AV softwares reports parent process instead of UPX itself , i do not want people to think that SDStudio does something malicious

users who want to use a exe compressor such as UPX can easily do it manually ,
or add a call to post-build event to run UPX with commandline on every build , or any other tool
(Note: this post-bild event(s) are still ideas to implement ,currently there no such feature )

about the changing exe name :

you are making your own application , why the exe name change wouldn't be possible ;)
you can change every part of your project , before or after built as exe