SDStudio Alpha (WIP) Version 0.0.80 Release

Update notifications and future news will be posted here
Serkan
Developer
Developer

SDStudio Alpha (WIP) Version 0.0.80 Release

Post by Serkan »

SDStudio version 0.0.80 is ready to download

As of the release of the version 0.0.40 , Alpha versions of the SDStudio will be released publicly
Everyone can download and evaluate the SDStudio application and post their ideas or suggestions or bug reports etc..

This is mostly bug fix version , and improvements have been made to existing features
For example : all available properties are working for the Windows , manual scrolling feature is added.
But there are some new features as well such as API documetation

After release of this version ,many things can be created even with existing features
We will be posting new sample project that are compatible with this version

What's New In This Version
  • Help file has been added , it shows the API documentation at the moment , conceptual topics will be added later.
  • New Class XML has been added, This class allows to manage XML documents. (INCOMPLETE)
  • New Class FileFind has been added, This class allows to finding files in the local file system.
  • New control Image has been added.
  • New Class Control has been added to manage all controls anonymously.
  • Bug Fixed where all Edit control functions were not working at all.
  • Bug Fixed where ListView control was flickering and freezing on details view mode.
  • New functions were added to Tree control.
  • Event support added to windowless controls, initially only Image object supports that.
  • New functions were added to FileSystem class.
  • New functions were added to Window class.
  • New property and events were added to Window class.
  • Many bug fixes and improvements on existing controls

Known Issues
  • XML Class is incomplete
  • Menu Class is incomplete
New version can be downloaded from here :
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
ctaty3

Post by ctaty3 »

Every day I go in anticipation of the new version. When are you planning a release?
BadKaiPanda

Post by BadKaiPanda »

Drop the metro UI, MS have already dropped it, please get rid of it, plus its buggy as hell your redraw is really bad I see the redraw of every items and element, please give use nice clean to the point UI's A IDE shouldn't be glichy as hell.

The installer makes no sense a metro installer, this is so 2017, no one uses this UI now even windows has changed it's view on windows yes it's still very flat but that windows store apps, we DONT want to program for windows store apps as devs are limited to be able to use a system like this we want a nice clean and to the point tool.

I saying this as I want you to make it, drop the metro fully or I am unable to test it anymore the flickering winds me up and it's not a case of calm down I wish it was it's a trigger of anger what is created by the flicker, I think it triggers my anxiety, you tool is creating a real problem for me.

But the shadows around the new project image just makes me feel like them cringy apps we all started with in {THAT TOOL HERE} Please give us a professional UI please.

UI/IDE:
Same as above but not as bad the two designs the UI has is confliting the metro style or more flat style is very child like or trying to be hip and then all the settings are to the point and they clash badly.

Personal remark
I didn't want to say any of above as it makes me feel you will think I don't respect you or care about your work and I do this is why I had to say it, the UI really is not working not for me anyway.
BunnyHop CDD Obscurer Post | Home Page
ctaty3

Post by ctaty3 »

About the interface and Metro agree with the BadKaiPanda. I also believe that having a large number of topics for a change in the development environment is superfluous. You can just leave the dark and bright theme. The same goes for the program logo and the installer ... They do not look very professional. I really like what you are doing and I follow the development of this product, but I want it to turn out really cool. After all, from such trifles and develops something demanded.
Peter50

Post by Peter50 »

It seems to turn out to be a good development tool ... when it's done. but this is on track.
Thanks for the work
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

BadKaiPanda wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:05 am Drop the metro UI, MS have already dropped it, please get rid of it, plus its buggy as hell your redraw is really bad I see the redraw of every items and element, please give use nice clean to the point UI's A IDE shouldn't be glichy as hell.

The installer makes no sense a metro installer, this is so 2017, no one uses this UI now even windows has changed it's view on windows yes it's still very flat but that windows store apps, we DONT want to program for windows store apps as devs are limited to be able to use a system like this we want a nice clean and to the point tool.

I saying this as I want you to make it, drop the metro fully or I am unable to test it anymore the flickering winds me up and it's not a case of calm down I wish it was it's a trigger of anger what is created by the flicker, I think it triggers my anxiety, you tool is creating a real problem for me.

But the shadows around the new project image just makes me feel like them cringy apps we all started with in {THAT TOOL HERE} Please give us a professional UI please.

UI/IDE:
Same as above but not as bad the two designs the UI has is confliting the metro style or more flat style is very child like or trying to be hip and then all the settings are to the point and they clash badly.

Personal remark
I didn't want to say any of above as it makes me feel you will think I don't respect you or care about your work and I do this is why I had to say it, the UI really is not working not for me anyway.

The professionalism is a relative concept , if a menubar and toolbars make an app professional then ,there are tons of applications with that style
But produces nothing usefull , I would rather expect suggestions and requests about the 'what this applications is doing' or 'what should it do' instead of how it is looking , Trends change day by day and we can not follow all

For example when you press build button; a function is executed and that function in sdstudio is 408 lines , but that's not all
with the sub routines it exceeds 2.000 lines , therefore the important thing is what it does ,not how it looks
The UI can be changed from anything to anyting easily , or that build button can be in a menu bar or toolbar or even in statusbar

If ribbon menu makes you feel bad then , you should be using WindowsXP at the moment because , Windows OS uses ribbon menu all around the OS , Office tools ,Explorer and others since Windows Vista out ;)

As you can see below ; UI can easily be changed from x to y
sdstudio_withmenutoolbar.png
Do you want native OS look , We have it as well ;)
sdstudio_native.png
You can't imagine how much time i spent the development of the UI of this application ,
it is very flexible and i can make it look in any shape without without affecting its functionality
I do not take this as a serious sentence , because there is no shadow only selection rectangle and that comes from the app theme
it looks different depending on the active theme,
when you open your PC you will see shadows and anything similar on your computer screen regardless of whatever you are doing.
ctaty3

Post by ctaty3 »

Serkan, no offense, I understand perfectly well that this is a difficult job and I respect your work, but see how the interface looks in MS Visual Studio and how the start screen looks. The problem is most of all in the start screen, it flickers and does not look very good ...
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

I have not aware of that welcome screen flickers , it woks perfectly here but
Next version will contain mostly IDE changes ,Things will be different in the next version
You will see a big change on the IDE , That welcome screen will go , there will be a popup dialog instead of that

The ribbon menu style is not abandoned but will be optional (without full screen welcome page) , menu/toolbar will be default option and ribbon will be alternative
All of these will be customizable from preferences dialog which will be available in the next version
wilbert2940

Post by wilbert2940 »

Serkan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:24 am I have not aware of that welcome screen flickers , it woks perfectly here
I also confirm that flickering welcome screen will be displayed. Exactly at the very first moments.
English is not my native language.
akib

Post by akib »

Wow..I am going to download it right now!!!

Why website not designing properly I can do it as a voluntier. 😊
Akib Hasan Pavel
Bangladesh