MoonJIT

Forum for suggestions and new feature requests for SDStudio Design Environment
Centauri Soldier

MoonJIT

Post by Centauri Soldier »

Serkan, have you thought about implementing a JIT for this IDE? It would make it really fast. MoonJIT seems to be a more up-to-date version of LuaJIT that supports Lua 5.3 features. Here's the link.
https://github.com/moonjit/moonjit/releases/tag/2.2.0
Centauri Soldier

Post by Centauri Soldier »

You still around, Serkan?
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

Yes i am
I have read your message and did not want to reply before checking it out
as you know things is not going well around the world, same thing happens here too
i have checked that a few days ago ,and to be honest i could not understand the benefits of that
it sounds like a custom compiler that provides a some optimizations ,this might be useful for a specific application
but not for SDStudio ,we can not make this application depended on a framework that might be abandoned
i noticed that LuaJIT had been abandoned ,and LuaMoon is a derivative work of it
this might be an alternative in the future, but for now out of options

In the other side SDStudio implements a custom multi thread system that is strictly requires standard Lua
As of the performance about Lua the scripting engine , it is really related with how you use it , AMS is a bad example of this
In SDStudio performance is first priority , you can check this with few examples.

Try to insert 10,000 items to a listbox in 2 environments and compare differences,

as a final note , about the scripting , i have a plan to converting lua byte code to Assembly and finally compile Assembly as standard binay module
This will make lua code totally hidden in the built application