Preview option

Forum for suggestions and new feature requests for SDStudio Design Environment
BadKaiPanda

Preview option

Post by BadKaiPanda »

I believe the preview option should ask you if you want to close a already running version of the preview, reason this would be a good idea is make sure the preview is ended or if there is a problem closing it the IDE can force close it for you and your not left with a hanging preview.

Copyright information is also not written at preview, I not sure if this is because it not been made yet in the demo but Aurthor In tab is not listened to at this time, after playing with with it more there is two places what ask for simuler information the copyright tab in the settings does work.

Admin mode seemed to work fine

I am not two sure how the packages are used, but it's a nice start to see something that creates a packaged file in the idea, depending on how we are able to call this later will depend on how cool that opiton is.
BunnyHop CDD Obscurer Post | Home Page
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

Thanks for your suggestions
BadKaiPanda wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:18 pm I believe the preview option should ask you if you want to close a already running version of the preview, reason this would be a good idea is make sure the preview is ended or if there is a problem closing it the IDE can force close it for you and your not left with a hanging preview.

Yes that is a good idea ,actually that was added but there was an advanced communication feature plan , between preview app and the IDE
But that might be postponed for now and add the feature you said is good idea for now

Advanced communication was : updating value of a variable in the preview exe or calling a function via a command window
this was intended for auto testing a preview application in certain conditions without need of user interaction
As name suggests this might be an advanced feature for the users of this application (for now)
BadKaiPanda wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:18 pm Copyright information is also not written at preview, I not sure if this is because it not been made yet in the demo but Aurthor In tab is not listened to at this time, after playing with with it more there is two places what ask for simuler information the copyright tab in the settings does work.

if you are talking about version information then ,it is added in preview mode , and works well here ,
what you encounter is could be "loading from cache feature of Windows OS".
this also happens when you update icon of an exe.
it loads cached icon from thumbs.db file in explorer.

The author info dialog shows who has created project and it is not added to exe , that info always remains in project file
and when you share that project, third party user can see who is the author of the project
BadKaiPanda wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:18 pm I am not two sure how the packages are used, but it's a nice start to see something that creates a packaged file in the idea, depending on how we are able to call this later will depend on how cool that opiton is.

such as :

Code: Select all

Image.LoadFromPackage("PackageName","ImageFile.png");
this will load image file from the external package file without extracting to any physical location (HDD etc..)
An optional password argument will be available ( maybe ?) , if you want to use your own password in the package
Recomended password usage is (auto generated ,because password itself will also be encrypted)

Code: Select all

local BinaryFileData = Package.ExtractToMemory("PackageName","ImageFile.png");
My_Third_Party_Image_Projessing_Library_LoadBinaryData(BinaryFileData);