CodeEditor Suggestions

Forum for suggestions and new feature requests for SDStudio Design Environment
BadKaiPanda

Re: CodeEditor Suggestions

Post by BadKaiPanda »

I would and also need the option to be able to require external scripts created in lua since this is how I now let users interact with my tools on there own level, so this is something you need to make sure in a live version works, you have looked at this one a little sideways @Serkan, this is a very important option for any tool that provides custom functions what are 3ed party after the fact.

This freedom is important, please make sure it's a working option in the future to include external files, not just lua but all dynamic lua files, this is also needed for a good strong update system, if only one small section needs fixing it's better to update with a update script what includes it's self and over rides the core version, it's helpful and pretty much needed.
BunnyHop CDD Obscurer Post | Home Page
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

Rexzooly wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:55 am I would and also need the option to be able to require external scripts created in lua since this is how I now let users interact with my tools on there own level, so this is something you need to make sure in a live version works, you have looked at this one a little sideways @Serkan, this is a very important option for any tool that provides custom functions what are 3ed party after the fact.

This freedom is important, please make sure it's a working option in the future to include external files, not just lua but all dynamic lua files, this is also needed for a good strong update system, if only one small section needs fixing it's better to update with a update script what includes it's self and over rides the core version, it's helpful and pretty much needed.

Actually there was a feature called Units , that was used to create custom scripts, so users can load and execute these scripts on runtime.
But the scripts were stored in the project file and embedded with the application.
This was an abandoned feature, but the logic still exists in the IDE
Therefore, this can be enabled again with local file options, but these scripts have to be edited in the SDStudio script editor.
Because scripts must be formatted by the SDStudio in order to execute properly in unicode enviroment.
BadKaiPanda

Post by BadKaiPanda »

Serkan wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:24 pm
Rexzooly wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:55 am I would and also need the option to be able to require external scripts created in lua since this is how I now let users interact with my tools on there own level, so this is something you need to make sure in a live version works, you have looked at this one a little sideways @Serkan, this is a very important option for any tool that provides custom functions what are 3ed party after the fact.

Actually there was a feature called Units , that was used to create custom scripts, so users can load and execute these scripts on runtime.
But the scripts were stored in the project file and embedded with the application.
This was an abandoned feature, but the logic still exists in the IDE
Therefore, this can be enabled again with local file options, but these scripts have to be edited in the SDStudio script editor.
Because scripts must be formatted by the SDStudio in order to execute properly in unicode enviroment.
Can't you see how wrong this idea is? been able to have the tool read and write for files by 3ed parties sometimes is needed, if I want to create a plug-in system in my app I want to be able to read and write functions where the end users can write things for my app, locking the exe down so it can't do this is stupid, not it's controlling and you should be shot if you do this, I mean in, I can't say this any way part from what the hell dude, you and me both have talked about hows stupid another tool sometimes made it so hard to do some basic things, extaction of basic lua files shouldn't be blocked or embed only is I want to use the default lua functions load or package or dofile I should be able to, DON't what ever you do block this.

What you tool needs to do is offer a api to windows and the UI, the rest should be fully native to lua or any other lanuguages you support, don't do what I.R did and limit some useful functions to there tool only what as bad, offer a good full api to connect to windows api.

I hope one of us here have just got confused as I know in the past we talked about this and now it feels you taken a 360 with it, I hope one of us have just read something wrong here.
BunnyHop CDD Obscurer Post | Home Page
Serkan
Developer
Developer

Post by Serkan »

There is no limit on the usage of external scripts , There is no block in any way
Due to unicode environment of SDStudio, script files have to be formatted as UTF-8
This only required for the string data only

Code: Select all

local test = "こんにちは世界";
This can not be represented in the Lua as it is , therefore this string has to be converted to UTF-8 byte sequence

Sure ,you can use external script files modified by other editors , but script file has to be UTF-8 encoded